The Suwannee River Wilderness Trail (SRWT) existed before WWALS, and we constantly draw on its materials.
See also the WWALS map of all landings in the Suwannee River Basin.
- Resolution in Support of National Water Trail Designation of The Suwannee River in Madison County 2016-10-12
- Resolution in Support of National Water Trail Designation of The Suwannee River in Suwannee County, Suwannee BOCC, 2016-12-06
- The SRWMD Boating and Canoeing web page has important river level information.
- Thanks to Florida State Parks for an excellent overview, including links to a paddling guide, and a two-page map. Plus a float plan you should file. And a list of outfitters.
- A very unusual and popular feature of the SRWT is the five River Camps, with hot and cold running water, showers, bathrooms, and elevated sleeping platforms with screens.
- The SRWT paddling guide includes very helpful Safety and etiquette tips.
- Thanks to Suwannee River Water Management District (SRWMD) for numerous maps of numerous types in numerous formats.
- Blog post 10 April 2011, Kayak the Suwannee River – Fargo Ga to the Fla Gulf (days 1-2) .
- Paddle Florida, Upper Suwannee River.
- Suwannee Adventures, Paddle Guide for Lower Suwannee River.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge Canoe/Kayak Trail.