The Suwannee River Wilderness Trail (SRWT) existed before WWALS, and we constantly draw on its materials.
Suggest additions or corrections.
See also the WWALS map of all landings in the Suwannee River Basin.
- The five River Camps offer air-conditioned bathrooms with hot and cold running water, five screened sleeping platforms with electricity, primitive camping, and fire pits. Reservations for river camps are made through the Suwannee River Wilderness Trail at 800.868.9914. Reservations for cabins are made through Reserve America (800.326.3521 or 866 I CAMP FL).
- Resolution in Support of National Water Trail Designation of The Suwannee River in Madison County 2016-10-12
- Resolution in Support of National Water Trail Designation of The Suwannee River in Suwannee County, Suwannee BOCC, 2016-12-06
- The SRWMD Boating and Canoeing web page has important river level information.
- Thanks to Florida State Parks for an excellent overview, including links to a paddling guide, and a two-page map. Plus a float plan you should file. And a list of outfitters.
- A very unusual and popular feature of the SRWT is the five River Camps, with hot and cold running water, showers, bathrooms, and elevated sleeping platforms with screens.
- The SRWT paddling guide includes very helpful Safety and etiquette tips.
- Thanks to Suwannee River Water Management District (SRWMD) for numerous maps of numerous types in numerous formats.
- Blog post 10 April 2011, Kayak the Suwannee River – Fargo Ga to the Fla Gulf (days 1-2) .
- Paddle Florida, Upper Suwannee River.
- Suwannee Adventures, Paddle Guide for Lower Suwannee River.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge Canoe/Kayak Trail.