Board meetings are open to the public. Board members are listed on the website.
WWALS Board of Directors
7:30 PM 12 February 2014
Dial-in Number: (712) 432-1212
Meeting ID: 974-054-025
- Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions
- Speaker: No speaker scheduled
- Agenda Review: Additions and Changes
- Review and Approval of Minutes
Future Meetings and Events
- Monthly board meeting 12 March 2014 (second Wednesday): speaker? by teleconference?
Monthly outing February (fourth Saturday): February 22 – location?
Feb. outing: Willacoochee ( Bret to arrange)
- Withlacoochee Cleanup with Johnson Dist. Co. 1 March 2014 at Langdale Park on the Withlacoochee River in Valdosta, per email vote by GG,CG,GQ,BW,JQ. Make this the Feb outing?
- March outing: 22 March 2014 Big Little River paddle race on Little River. Event start: 11:00 am ( a little later than last year) BW
- April outing on the 26 April 2014, on the Withlacoochee River with Adopt-a-Stream: GQ to inform Adopt-a-Stream
- May rookery on Lewis Lake. Date? BW
- Committee Reports
Review Action Item List
- Business and membership cards – Garry Gentry GG,AH suggested Photo cards or t-shirts for WWALS members. GG looking into using social media advertising for targeted recruitment.
- Banner and sign — Bret Wagenhorst
- Georgia Rivers Network membership — John Quarterman
Gretchen – contact Tillman and Tillman to pursue the 501(c)(3).
Heather – send a Thank You note to Don Thieme for his presentation.
John – send a Thank You letter to H. Doug Everett for his solar vote.
Gretchen – request further information from Gordon Rogers about the Panther Forum
- Directors and Officers Insurance – John Quarterman
- Survey – Heather Brasell and Gretchen Quarterman
- Request for information from Army Corps of Engineers – Who owns underground water?
- Request for information from DNR – Development laws and regulations related to water
- Request for information from Ashley Tye, Lowndes County Emergency Management Director — what is going on and how can WWALS be included. John Quarterman
- Ongoing opposition to Sabal Trail methane pipeline. John Quarterman
- Waycross about the Seven Out Superfund site JQ
- Distribution of list of sites on EPA/EPD lists for counties in our watershed — John Quarterman.
- Brochures need to be redone with new board member names and add list of goals/ benefits to brochure. KR
- Other Business