Alapaha River Water Trail safety and etiquette, as seen on the ARWT brochure:
- Be prepared with life vests and cell phone.
- Let someone know your float plan
- Alligators may be present – use caution when bringing along small children or pets.
- Be extremely careful with campfires.
- Carry out all trash with you
- Camp only where you know you have permission
- Do not cut or damage living trees
- Take only photos or videos, leave no trace.
- Control pets or leave them at home
- Respect wildlife
- Respect waterfront property
- Don’t trespass on private property
- Minimize impacts to shore.