Drawing from eight years of speaking at Southern Company Stockholder meetings, and from that Homerville, Georgia explosion that destroyed Coffee Corner and sent three women to the hospital with third-degree burns, here’s a summary of the comments we filed with the Georgia Public Service Commission today. If you can’t go to the GA-PSC hearings tomorrow and the next day about the Georgia Power Integrated Resource Plan, you can also send a comment letter asking the PSC to stop Georgia Power locking in fossil fuels and make them get on with sun and wind pwoer on a smart grid.
- Yes, fine AGL more than $2 million for that Homerville, GA explosion.
- Require Georgia power to buy 12 gigawatts (GW) of solar power, not 1 GW.
- Make Georgia Power pay to dispose of the coal ash it produced, properly on its own property.
- How about make the companies that put mercury in the air to come down in our rivers pay for the costs to recreational fishing.
- Stop throwing money down the Plant Vogtle nuclear hole.
- Demand Georgia Power get on with wind power.
This about sums it up: Continue reading