Update 2016-04-03: Extra Withlacoochee outing by popular demand.
Coming up soon!
- 9AM Sunday 3 April 2016: Withlacoochee River: Langdale Park to Little River Boat Ramp
- 8AM Saturday 23 April 2016: Hotchkiss Road to Mayday, Alapaha River
- 7AM Saturday 21 May 2016: 4th Annual BIG Little River Paddle Race at Reed Bingham State Park.
See the WWALS calendar for any more events already scheduled.
All these outings are in Georgia. Which is a switch, since last year we concentrated on Florida, partly because WWALS added the upper Suwannee River as territory in summer 2015 (thanks, Waterkeeper® Alliance!), and the legal case, WWALS v Sabal Trail & FDEP (thanks to all who testified, contributed to the legal fund, and otherwise helped; stay tuned for a likely appeal).
Plus there will be informal field trips and scouting expeditions. For example, some of us will be scouting Grand Bay on Saturday December 5th to see if the canoe trail is boatable; if it is, we may add boating to the December 12th Hike.
some time in May 21st will be the annual BIG Little River Paddle Race
at Reed Bingham State Park on the Little River, co-sponsored by WWALS and Friends of Reed Bingham.
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!
Update 9 February 2016: Movie in Live Oak Fri 12 Feb 2016. Update 23 January 2016: CAUSES Mini-Film Festival at VSU and 4th Annual BIG Little River Paddle Race!
Update 12 January 2016: More outings and events!
- 23 November 2015: We just paddled down the Suwannee River from FL 6 to Cone Bridge Road.
- 10AM Saturday 12 December 2015: Grand Bay Hike
Tuesday 15 December 2015Friday 15 January 2016: Deadline, Logo Contest, Withlacoochee and Little River Water Trail
- 10 AM Saturday 16 January 2016: Little River Paddle, GA 122 to Lawson Millpond Road
- 7PM Saturday 23 January 2016: 90-second trailers for the Alapaha River Water Trail and the BIG Little River Paddle Race in VSU CAUSES mini-film festival.
- 6:30 PM Friday 12 February 2016: Movie: At What Cost? Pipelines, Pollution and Eminent Domain in the Rural South, hosted by WWALS at Live Oak Womans Club, 1308 11TH St SW, Live Oak, FL 32064
- 8:15 AM Thursday 18 February 2016: Hike to the Suwannee River Sabal Trail crossing with county commissioners
- 8:00 AM Saturday 20 February 2016: Long Alapaha River Paddle, GA 135 to Berrien Beach
- 1:30 PM Saturday 27 February 2016: Withlacoochee & Little River Water Trail Workshop
- 10AM-5PM Saturday 5 March 2016: Rhythm & Ribs BBQ Festival, Fulwood Park, Tifton, GA
- 10AM-6PM Sat 12, 10AM-5PM Sun 13 March 2016: Azalea Festival, Drexel Park, Valdosta, GA
- 9AM Sunday 20 March 2016: Staten Road bridge to Langdale Park, Withlacoochee River through Valdosta
- 10AM-4PM Saturday 26 March 2016: Little River Fest: Reed Bingham State Park, Cook County, Georgia