Update 2021-10-08: Clean rivers again 2021-10-07.
All clear for swimming, boating, and fishing on the Withlacoochee River, and also the Little and Alapaha Rivers, by all the water quality results we have available.
Of course, conditions could change, but no rain is predicted until Monday. So there’s nothing to wash any cattle manure down Okapilco Creek, or any trash down Sugar Creek (more on that in a later post). And no sewage spills have been reported.
Valdosta results up through Wednesday concur with WWALS Wednesday and Thursday results: all well below the 410 one-time E. coli test result limit.
So I’ve marked all the tested “beaches” green on Swim Guide.
Thanks to the WWALS testers:
- Elizabeth Brunner for the GA 122 sites:
- Folsom Bridge Landing on the Little River
- Hagan Bridge Landing on the Withlacoochee River
- Lakeland Boat Ramp on the Alapaha River
- Michael and Jacob Bachrach for the downstream Withlacoochee River sites:
- Knights Ferry Boat Ramp
- Nankin Boat Ramp
- State Line Boat Ramp @ GA 31
- Gus Cleary for Cleary’s Bluff on the Withlacoochee River, downstream from Allen Ramp
- WWALS Testing Committee Chair Suzy Hall for herding the cats.
Thanks to Joe Brownlee and Georgia Power for a generous grant for water quality testing equipment and materials.
Thanks to Valdosta PIO Ashlyn Johnson for updating the Valdosta results.
We have no new results from Madison Health.
There are more images on the WWALS website.
-jsq, John S. Quarterman, Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!