WWALS holds at least one paddle outing a month, plus frequent cleanups, and occasional hikes. For non-members, the outings fee is $10 per person, or $11 online:
Most outings are free to WWALS members. You can become a member by paying at an outing, or online:
There are many outfitters who are happy to rent you a boat and deliver you to your paddle.
For WWALS some outings, WWALS offers free boat rental. (Mostly the Full Moon paddles at Banks Lake, courtesy of the Lakeland-Lanier Chamber of Commerce and Banks Lake Outdoors.) Look at the announcement of such an outing for how to get eventbrite tickets for boat reservations.
At each outing each participant must sign an event waiver so our WWALS insurance will apply. There’s also a pet waiver. The leader of that outing will have a sign-in sheet including the waiver. If you want to see it in advance, follow this link.
Upcoming events are listed along with outings
- in the outings spreadsheet (see below),
- in WWALS facebook events,
- in WWALS meetups,
- as well as in the monthly WWALS membership newsletter, Tannin Times.
Annual WWALS big events are also listed in the Sponsor Events web page.
If you’re new to the Suwannee River Basin and want to try a few paddles with your own small group, see Ideas for short paddles. We do not recommend going alone, and we do recommend paddling with WWALS.
For more about how you can participate in WWALS outings, programs, events, and advocacy, see:
Outings are organized by the Outings Committee; maybe you’d like to join them.
Below is a spreadsheet of WWALS outings and events, plus a few by other organizations. This spreadsheet is updated frequently. Acronyms are explained below the spreadsheet.
See it in its native google sheets form, and presented in web form below.
Blueway acronyms include:
- ARWT for Alapaha River Water Trail
- WLRWT (or WRWT) for Withlacoochee and Little River Water Trail
- SRWT for Suwannee River Water Trail
- OWACT for Okefenokee Wilderness Area Canoe Trails
- ORWT for our neighbor, the Ocholockonee River Water Trail
- SatillaRWT for our neighbor, the Satilla River Water Trail.
Try to make the Put In and Take Out names match the names in the appropriate water trail spreadsheet.