Thursday before the storm, Suwannee and Flint Riverkeepers updated on Sabal Trail in Live Oak, about the recent court win against FERC, plus LNG export.
Suwannee Riverkeeper John S. Quarterman showed four years of background, including the Dunnellon stink leak.
Flint Riverkeeper Gordon Rogers explained the Sierra Club DC District Court win over FERC and Sabal Trail and what it means (so far as anyone knows).
Thanks to WWALS board member Eileen Box and the Live Oak Woman’s Club for the venue.
Plus a video.
- Welcome –Gretchen Quarterman, WWALS E.D.
- Welcome to the Live Oak Woman’s Club –Eileen Box
- History of WWALS –Gretchen Quarterman, WWALS E.D.
- How we got here –John S. Quarterman, Suwannee Riverkeeper
- The Circuit Court Win –Gordon Rogers, Flint Riverkeeper
- Lack of Pipeline Safety and Captive Agencies –Suwannee Riverkeeper
- LNG export –Cecile Scofield by Gretchen Quarterman
A short film and wrap up –Gretchen Quarterman
The video was by NowThis about the Sierra Club win, featuring Sierra Club attorney Elly Benson and videos by Cody Suggs and Mitch Allen.
Here’s a WWALS video playlist:
Videos: Not so Fast, Sabal Trail: Suwannee and Flint Riverkeepers in Live Oak 2017-09-07
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for WWALS Watershed Coalition (WWALS),
-jsq, John S. Quarterman, Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!