WWALS Outings Chair and expedition leader for the Banks Lake Full Storm Moon Paddle, February 9, 2020, reports about this well-attended evening event for paddlers of all ages and experience levels:
We had 2 new family memberships as well as a lady drove in from Cairo and lots of new faces paddled.
Combined they got 10 folks on the water for the Full Moon Paddle.
Best of all there were 10 children and 2 teenagers on this paddle showing representation of ages from ages 3 years old on up.
There are many more pictures of this paddle on facebook, by:
- Gretchen Quarterman (all the pictures here otherwise unattributed are by her): “Lovely group paddle on Banks Lake.”
- Bret Miller (BM): “Great turnout for this month’s WWALS Full Moon Paddle. 25 paddlers came out, including 2 families who joined us for their maiden WWALS voyage, and took advantage of the free rental kayaks and canoes provided by Nwxpeditions and Banks Lake Outdoors.”
- Mylinda Green (MG): “Was a great turnout. Kids had a great time and the sunset was outstanding once again and the Moon was so bright.”
- Bobby McKenzie, “Great turnout for the monthly Full Moon Paddle! Lots of kids this too!”
- Monica McKenzie, “Full moon paddle 02/2020? we had a really good turn out and so many kids came out. A little chilly once the sun sat but we still had fun!!! #snowmoonwashuge”
- And no doubt others.
There are also some more of their pictures on the WWALS website.
Banks Lake is part of the WWALS Alapaha River Water Trail (ARWT).
WWALS schedules a Banks Lake Full Moon Paddle every lunar month, provided somebody from the Outings Committee steps up two weeks in advance to lead it.
-jsq, John S. Quarterman, Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!