Here is the agenda for today’s 2PM WWALS Quarterly Board Meeting.
The public is invited. We will be meeting online by zoom, so you don’t even have to go anywhere.
When: 2PM, Sunday, January 17, 2021
Where: Online: see below for the zoom parameters and the agenda.
The board itself does most of its business online via email, but it’s good to have these gatherings once a quarter.
The current board members, officers, and staff are listed on the Board web page.
-jsq, John S. Quarterman, Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!
See also PDF.
WWALS Quarterly Board Meeting
2:00-4:00 PM , Sunday, 17 January 2021
Join Zoom Meeting
ZOOM Meeting ID: 893 0802 8204 Password: 392346
One tap mobile: +19294362866,,89308028204#,,,,,,0#,,392346#
Dial In: +1 929 436 2866 Meeting ID: 893 0802 8204 Meeting Password: 392346
Participation, pandemic, paddle races, outings, cleanups, water quality testing, opposition to mines, water withdrawals, coal ash, and pellet plants, promotion of solar power, and of course finances: the WWALS board will be discussing all those in its Quarterly Board meeting. The public is invited. We will be meeting online by zoom, so you don’t even have to go anywhere .
Invited to attend: WWALS members, especially committee members, and the general public.
All WWALS Board Members are expected to attend.
The more done on the board list, the less time we have to spend in this meeting.
Board Members : for bios, terms, etc. see https://wwals.net/about/board/
- Tom H. Johnson Jr. (Chair of Nominating and Songwriting Committees)*
- Tom Potter (Senior Vice President and Chair of Science Committee)*
- Garry Gentry (Secretary and Board delegate to Advisory Committee)*
- Shelby Miller (Treasurer and Chair of Personnel Committee)*
- Dave Hetzel (WWALS Ambassador and Chair of Advisory Committee)
- Dan Phillips (Chair of Water Trails Committee)
- Laura D’Alisera (Scribe of Songwriting Contest Committee)
- Bret Wagenhorst
- Trudy Cole
* Executive Committee.
Staff: see also https://wwals.net/about/board/#staff
- Gretchen Quarterman, Executive Director (Chair of Membership, Finance, and Grant-Writing Committees)
- John S. Quarterman, Suwannee Riverkeeper® (Chair of PR and Watershed Issues Committees)
- Eileen Box (Chair of Events Committee)
- Suzanne Hall (Chair of Testing Committee)
- Bret Miller (Chair of Outings Committee)
- Call to Order including welcoming guests and explaining how this meeting is conducted (anyone can speak; only board members vote; try to stick to the topic at hand). We will be using the zoom waiting room to avoid trolls, so the host will approve you after you join the meeting.
- Agenda Review: Additions and Changes
- Approve Minutes
- Vote: Approve Minutes of 18 October 2020 WWALS Quarterly Board Meeting
- Vote: Record in minutes of this WWALS board meeting the Email votes by WWALS Board or Executive Committee since last WWALS Quarterly Board Meeting (see Secretary Report ).
- Next Meetings:
- Review schedule: 2PM Sunday Apr 18, Jul 18 (preceded by Annual Meeting), Oct 17, 2021.
- Later in the agenda, we will also see Outings Committee and Events Committee.
- Treasurer. See Treasurer Report .
- Financial Report: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1riJpyVXUG7_WCDsA0sMJjVAwwMFlyilV
- Review Vision Budget https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BYbeKTGTnmFXEuBjPVI1-qHCp5v21k45_vKIMj2Rq_g/edit?usp=sharing
- Approve 2021 Budget – needs a vote
- Define meanings of membership levels and organizational memberships or sponsorships.
- President. See President Report.
- Promoting participation.
- Executive Director (business). See Report .
- COVID-19 response
- Projects and Programs. Survey – first for board, then for members.
- See also Grants Committee Report .
- Suwannee Riverkeeper (advocacy); see Report .
- See Report about WWALS Vision for Lowndes County waterways.
- How you can help with advocacy.
- Committee items for discussion or vote are in agenda; see also appended reports.
- Advisory Committee: Chair Ambassador Dave Hetzel, Board Delegate Garry Gentry. See Report.
- Events Committee: Chair Eileen Box; see Report
- Festival Booth out of commission for a while
- Booth online: https://wwals.net/2020/03/24/videos-wwals-booth-2020-03-21/
- On-Line events (quiz, facebook live, etc)
- Organize event, Natural History of the Suwannee River Basin, With Rights of Nature? Online?
- Executive Committee: Chair ex officio Tom H. Johnson Jr.; see Report
- Finance Committee: Chair Gretchen Quarterman; see Report
- Grant-writing Committee: Chair Gretchen Quarterman; see Report
- DNR RTP water trail sign and brochure grant – should we reapply for more things?
- Georgia Power water quality testing grant.
- We need to apply for grants to get money.
- Would someone else like to chair this committee?
- Membership Committee : Chair Gretchen Quarterman; see Report
- Nominating Committee: Chair Tom H. Johnson Jr.; see Report
- Outings Committee : Chair Bret Miller; see Report .
- Vote on additional Outings Committee members or new committee chair?
- BLRPR 2021 –Bret Wagenhorst
- Review Outings Checklist .
- Personnel Committee: Chair Shelby Miller; see Personnel Committee Report
- Public Relations Committee : Chair John S. Quarterman; see Report .
- Review WWALS internal googlegroup email lists and public social media.
- Suwannee bass graphic donated by artist Hank Hershey for fundraising.
- Please add to Tannin Times Newsletter before end of month.
- SoGaConnections, monthly.
- Science Committee : Chair Tom Potter; See Science Committee Report .
- Songwriting Contest Committee: Chair Tom H. Johnson Jr.; see Report .
- Testing Committee: Chair Suzy Hall; See Testing Committee Report .
- GIS mapping project. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1shms0UJWsdakaJkZgPb07oHQKufK-2vJqbHHeACGM3o/edit?usp=sharing
- Georgia testing training schedule.
- Get data into Georgia Adopt-A-Stream.
- Florida testing training needed again.
- Trails Committee : Chair Dan Phillips; see Trails Committee Report
- Watershed Issues Committee: Chair John S. Quarterman. See Issues Report .
- How busy everybody is and how many technical difficulties.
- Executive Session to discuss external organizations.
- Reconvene from Executive Session and vote on any resulting items.