Suwannee Riverkeeper will talk about the Mayor and Chairman’s Paddle coming up this Saturday, saving the Okefenokee Swamp from a strip mine, trash, sewage, parks, and rivers on Scott James Talk 92.1 FM radio this morning, Tuesday, 8:30 AM.
Topics discussed will probably include:
- Fourth Annual Mayor and Chairman’s Paddle, Withlacoochee River 2023-03-04, thanks to Phil Hubbard for leading it, to Valdosta Mayor Scott James Matheson and Lowndes County Chairman Bill Slaughter for participating, to the Boys and Grils Club for helping with shuttle vans, and to Paul Deloach and The Langdale Company for providing access.
- How you can help stop a strip mine too near the Okefenokee Swamp. Thanks, U.S. Interior Secretary Deb Haaland.
- Valdosta’s ongoing trash problem, and some refreshing news about it. https://wwals.net/issues/trash/
- A fifth Valdosta February sewage spill, same location as the last one.
- Lowndes County bought 74 acres of land at the Little River Confluence with the Withlacoochee for a Troupville nature preserve and River Camp. Thanks Helen Tapp.
- Floridians, please sign the petition to get a Right to Clean Water constitutional amendment on the ballot.
For more WWALS outings and events as they are posted, see:
WWALS members also get an upcoming list in the Tannin Times newsletter.
-jsq, John S. Quarterman, Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®