Update 2019-05-28: See also Videos: toll road planning –E.D. Scott R. Koons & Ken Cornell @ NCFRPC 2019-05-23.
Eight citizens from across the region spoke Thursday against the toll road boondoggle, at the North Central Florida Regional Planning Council meeting in Lake City, FL.
Below are links to each WWALS video of each speaker, followed by a WWALS video playlist.
See also the Suwannee Riverkeeper op-ed in the Gainesville Sun, the agenda and Jim Tatum’s report for OSFR, which has good pictures of the citizen speakers.
- N. FL Regional Water Planning and river grants –Tom Mirti SRWMD
- No report –Daniel Penniman FL Fish & Wildlife
- Three minutes per citizen speaker –Scott R. Koons, E.D., NCFRPC
- Wetlands and farms, not toll roads –Merrillee Malwitz-Jipson, OSFR & SSJSC
- Development & toll roads worse than phosphate mines –Jim Tatum OSFR
- Testing and solar, not toll roads –Suwannee Riverkeeper John S. Quarterman
- Need rural lifestyle, not toll roads –Eileen Box, WWALS
- Coastal toll roads put people in climate change harm’s way –Sarah Younger, OSFR
- Toll roads opposite of climate change resiliency –Kate Galagher
- Toll roads bring sprawl and pollution –Captain Karen Chadwick
- Can’t lose any more natural areas –David Moritz, Alachua County
- Thanks citizens for comments –Chair Louie Davis
- Executive Director’s Report –Scott R. Koons
- John Moran picture, Suwannee River, Florida Trail to outgoing Chair
- Affected counties discuss toll roads like Valdosta –Ken Cornell, Alachua County
- Next meeting June 27, 2019 –Chair Louie Davis
Here’s a LAKE video playlist:
Citizens for water against toll roads @ NCFRPC 2019-05-23
Video by John S. Quarterman for WWALS Watershed Coalition (WWALS),
North Central Florida Regional Planning Council, Lake City, Florida.
-jsq, John S. Quarterman, Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!