Cypress, herons, alligators, pitcher plants, and more in a mini-Okefenokee between Valdosta and Lakeland: Grand Bay Wildlife Management Area! No boats required; this is a hiking expedition.
When: 10AM Saturday December 12, 2015
What: Aprox. 1.5 hr hike then lunch (not provided)
Responsible party: Bret Wagenhorst
Backup: None. If the weather is too bad for this, it’s too bad for anything.
Grand Bay is part of the Alapaha River Water Trail.
Meanwhile don’t forget these WWALS outings:
- Sullivan Launch to Blue Spring, Withlacoochee River Outing 2015-10-24
- Suwannee River from CR 6 to Cone Bridge, WWALS Outing 2015-11-22
Update 22 Nov 2015: Those already happened, but there are more:
- Tuesday 15 December 2015: Deadline, Logo Contest, Withlacoochee and Little River Water Trail
- 10 AM Saturday 16 January 2016: Little River Paddle, GA 122 to Lawson Millpond Road
- 8AM Saturday 20 February 2016: Long Alapaha River Paddle, GA 135 to Berrien Beach
- 1:30 PM Saturday 27 February 2016: Withlacoochee & Little River Water Trail Workshop
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!