Update 2016-02-19: Water is high and fast, so expert paddlers only, come early, and be ready.
Continuing our exploration of the entire Alapaha River Water Trail, we’re into the longer stretches, including this one.
When: 8AM Saturday 20 February 2016
Put In: GA 135, MILE 106.5, Atkinson County side, 2.8 miles south of Willacoochee, GA, Atkinson County.
Take Out: GA 168 (Berrien Beach), MILE 88.24, N side of GA 168, west side of Alapaha River; float downstream under the bridge to the sand beaches, Berrien County
Duration: 18.25 miles. This paddle could take as long as 9-10 hrs.
Shuttle: Probably more than 30 minutes due to distance.
End time: Around 6PM. Yes, really all day.
This outing is Free! But we encourage you to join WWALS today to support our fun outings and important work: /donations/.
- Pictures: Easy Outing on the Alapaha River at GA 135, 2015-03-14
- Pictures: Rowetown Church to GA 135 —Bret Wagenhorst 2015-04-18
- Picture: Alapaha Cleanup @ GA 135 2015-09-26
Backup in case of low or high water:
Directions: 18 miles east of Hahira (I-75 exit 29), 2 miles west of Lakeland, south side of GA 122
When: 10AM Saturday January 16, 2016
Coming up even sooner than February:
Update 22 Nov 2015: And more *:
- Sunday November 22, 2015: Suwannee River from CR 6 to Cone Bridge, WWALS Outing
- Saturday December 12, 2015 Grand Bay Hike: WWALS Outing
- *Tuesday 15 December 2015: Deadline, Logo Contest, Withlacoochee and Little River Water Trail
- 10AM Saturday January 16, 2016 Little River Paddle, GA 122 to Lawson Millpond Road
- *1:30 PM Saturday 27 February 2016: Withlacoochee & Little River Water Trail Workshop
Watch the WWALS calendar for more outings and events!
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!