WWALS Annual Membership Meeting
2:00 PM Sunday 8 July 2018, followed by the WWALS Quarterly Board Meeting
Wooden Nickel, 3269 Inner Perimeter Rd, Valdosta, GA 31602
WWALS members can vote in this annual meeting, and the public is invited to observe.
Board members are listed in www.wwals.net/board:
- John S. Quarterman (President, PR Committee Chair, Watershed Issues Committee Chair, and Suwannee Riverkeeper®, lives in Lowndes County, Georgia).
- Gretchen Quarterman (Treasurer, Membership Committee Chair, and Grant-Writing Committee Chair, and acting Executive Director, lives in Lowndes County, Georgia).
- Dave Hetzel (VP Ambassador and Secretary, lives in Tifton, Georgia).
- Bret Wagenhorst (active on the Outings Committee, lives in Tifton, Georgia).
- Phil Hubbard (Outings Committee Chair, lives in Lowndes County, Georgia).
- Tom Potter (Science Committee Chair, lives in Valdosta, Georgia).
- Eileen Box (Chair, Events Committee and Songwriting Contest Committee, lives in Live Oak, Florida).
- Shirley Kokidko (active in the Outings Committee and the PR Committee, for which she manages the WWALS Meetups. Lives in Atkinson County, Georgia).
- Call to Order, Welcome, and Introductions
- Presentation of Annual report
- Report of Nominating Committee about board candidates
- Nomination for Board Members
Two terms are expiring, and a few others are vacant, so if you want to run for the WWALS board, this is a good time.
A nomination form for board and committees, along with bios of current board members, is here: https://www.wwals.net/about/board/.
- Election of Board Positions
- All board members sign Bylaws, Conflict of Interest Policy, and Whistleblower Policy
Conflict of Interest Policy: https://www.wwals.net/about/documents/conflict-interest-policy/
Whistleblower Policy: https://www.wwals.net/about/documents/wwals-employee-protection-whistleblower-policy/
The board may enact other policies. For example, WWALS is a distributed organization which cannot conduct business solely through in-person meetings, so participation in the online board email list is mandatory for board members.
- Select and announce winner of kayak raffle!
- Other Business
-jsq, John S. Quarterman, Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!