Update 2017-10-13: WWALS Videos of all the speakers.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Live Oak, Florida, January 4, 2017
—Spectra Energy of Houston, Texas is drilling its 36-inch fracked
methane pipeline under the Suwannee and Withlacoochee (south) Rivers
in Florida right now. It already caused a frac-out of drilling mud
into the Withlacoochee River in Georgia and a sinkhole, plus more
sinkholes where it drilled under the Santa Fe River in Florida. How
did this happen? What can we do to stop this unnecessary,
destructive, and hazardous corporate boondoggle?
Suwannee Riverkeeper calls water protectors to rally in Live Oak against the Sabal Trail pipeline and for our property rights, rivers, and the Floridan Aquifer.
When: 7 PM, Thursday, January 12, 2017
Where: The Woman’s Club of Live Oak, 1308 11th Street SW, Live Oak, FL 32064
Agenda: MC Gretchen Quarterman, WWALS Executive Director
- Introduction and Welcome —Eileen Box, Conservation Chair, Live Oak Woman’s Club
- What Suwannee Riverkeeper does —Dave Hetzel, WWALS Ambassador
- Three years of meetings, reports, and tours —Chris Mericle, Hamilton County
- Sacred Water Camp on the Suwannee River —Debra Johnson, Suwannee County
- Water is Life Camp on the Santa Fe River —Cindy Noel, Gilchrist County
- LNG export, trucks, and trains —Cecile Scofield, Martin County
- 5-minute Break, then Announcements —One minute each
- Organizing against the pipeline —Our Santa Fe River
- Mass sit-in at the Suwannee River —Panagioti Tsolkas, Sabal Trail Resistance
- Stopping Sabal Trail is not enough —Merrillee Malwitz-Jipson, Sierra Club Florida
- Bank exits and Water Protector Alliance —Dylan Hansen, Brevard County
- Help the sun rise on Florida — John S. Quarterman, Suwannee Riverkeeper
#NoSabalTrail, #WaterIsLife, #NoDAPL
WWALS Watershed Coalition, Inc.
is the WATERKEEPER® Alliance
Member for the
Suwannee, Withlacoochee, Little,
and Alapaha Rivers
PO Box 88, Hahira, GA 31632
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!