Suwannee Riverkeeper will talk trash, parks, creeks, and rivers on Scott James Talk 92.1 FM radio tomorrow morning, Thursday, 8:30 AM.
Topics discussed will probably include:
- The WWALS Withlacoochee River cleanup this Saturday from Knights Ferry to Nankin Boat Ramps. Thanks Russell Allen McBride and Suzy Hall.
- Lowndes County this Tuesday bought 74 acres of land at the Little River Confluence with the Withlacoochee for a Troupville nature preserve and River Camp. Thanks Helen Tapp.
- VLPRA trail clearing in Langdale Park. Thanks VLPRA, Phillip Williams, and Bobby McKenzie.
- Valdosta Utilities speedily addressed sewage smell 2022-11-18. Thanks, Valdosta Utilities.
- How you can help stop a strip mine too near the Okefenokee Swamp. Thanks, U.S. Interior Secretary Deb Haaland.
- Floridians, please sign the petition to get a Right to Clean Water constitutional amendment on the ballot.
For more about the trash situation, see:
For more WWALS outings and events as they are posted, see:
WWALS members also get an upcoming list in the Tannin Times newsletter.
-jsq, John S. Quarterman, Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®