Update 2019-03-28: Video.
Charlie Walker came by the WWALS booth at Azalea Festival yesterday and invited Gretchen to be on his radio show, Wednesday morning.
When: 8:18 AM, Wednesday, March 11, 2019
Where: 99.5 FM, or listen online.
Gretchen will talk about outings and festivals, such as (formatting fixed 2019-03-13)
- the Spring Equinox Banks Lake Full Moon paddle on March 20th,
- the Alapaha River paddle from Mayday to Statenville on March 23rd,
- the Seventh Annual BIG Little River Paddle Race at Reed Bingham State Park on April 27th,
- the week-long Paddle Georgia down our Withlacoochee and Suwannee Rivers, June 15-21,
- and, inside in air conditioning, the Second Annual Suwannee Riverkeeper Songwriting Contest, at the Salty Snapper in Valdosta, August 24th, 2019.
- WWALS next weekend at Wild Azalea Festival in White Springs, Florida, March 16th,
- Suwannee Spring Reunion at Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park, March 21-24,
And of course WWALS advocacy, including
- the big WWALS win last December in getting GA-EPD to publish Sewage Spill Reports.
- A dozen downstream Florida counties are meeting with the Valdosta City Council, 6PM, Wednesday, April 10, 2019, at Valdosta City Hall Annex.
- Urge your Georgia state Senator to vote no on HB 545 to preserve rural property rights.
Floridians, call your legislators to support Sen. Montford’s
SB 1100: Water Testing for Pollution,
and help ban fracking; call your legislators to support
- HB 239- Advanced Well Stimulation Treatment, Fitzenhagen (Cosponsors: Buchanan; Eskamani; Jenne; Plasencia; Smith, C.; Webb)
- SB 146 – Advanced Well Stimulation Treatment, Stewart (Cosponsors: Berman, Book, Torres)
- SB 314 – Advanced Well Stimulation Treatment, Montford (Cosponsors: Stewart, Berman, Rader)
According to 99.5 Kix Country:
Shotgun was born in Albany, Georgia and joined his first radio station at the young age of 15. After high school, he joined The U.S. Army earned degrees from Maryland and Central Texas. After that, he toured with such bands as Little Texas, Sawyer Brown and Robin Lee before returning to his first love of radio. In 2004 he signed on at WKAA 105.9 later to become 99.5 Kix Country. Although he has left to try other things he has returned to where it all began in Kix Country.
-jsq, John S. Quarterman, Suwannee RIVERKEEPER®
You can join this fun and work by becoming a WWALS member today!